Patients and Caregivers
The following information is to familiarize you with our billing policies:
- The Diamond Headache Clinic will bill your out of network insurance company for your initial office visit only. Any co-pays and/or deductibles will be due at the time of service. We DO NOT bill insurance companies for follow-up visits unless we are contracted with them or you have Medicare. Although eligibility has been checked with your insurance company prior to your office visit, this is NOT a guarantee of payment. Benefits are determined by your insurance company once the claim has been received and reviewed.
- Please note: This office does not accept MEDICAID, or any forms of public aid.
- If your insurance company was billed and payment is not received within 45 days, the balance will be transferred to the patient’s responsibility. This office cannot accept responsibility for collecting your insurance claim or for negotiating a settlement on a disputed claim. Any portion of the bill not paid, or denied, by the insurance carrier, will be the patient’s responsibility.
- If you have Medicare and a supplemental or secondary insurance carrier, please call Medicare and advise them of your secondary or supplemental information. Medicare will bill your secondary carrier for you.
- We DO NOT bill secondary insurance carriers unless Medicare is your secondary insurance or we are contracted with the secondary insurance carrier. Use the Explanation of Benefits (EOB) from your primary insurance carrier to bill your secondary insurance and attach any appropriate documentation (i.e. statement from the Diamond Headache Clinic).
- Upon receipt of payment from your insurance company, you will receive a statement showing your balance due. Payment is expected within fourteen (14) days. For your convenience, we accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. You can also apply for Care Credit which offers interest-free, low monthly payments if you qualify. Please contact this office for information.
- If payment, IN FULL, is not received, you may be charged a $15 re-billing fee each time we issue you a statement on an outstanding balance over 30 days. There will be NO REFUND on The Advance Program.
- In the event your bill is not paid and is turned over to our professional collection agency, you will be charged an additional 50% of your outstanding balance. Also, information will be given to them and may include, but is not limited to, your name, address, phone number, social security number, employment and employment phone number.
- If your insurance company requests a claim form, fill out your portion of the form and attach a copy of your itemized statement provided by our office. A physician’s signature is not required. It is not necessary for our office to fill out the “Attending Physicians” portion of the claim. The statement is authentication in itself.
- You are advised that this office charges a $25 fee (per form) for any forms completed on a patient’s behalf. This includes, but is not limited to disability forms, Family Medical Leave forms, Attending Physicians forms, itemization of charges etc.
- Please be aware if you request medical records this service will be out sourced to our medical records vendor upon completion of your release form.
- You must inform our office if you have a new insurance carrier or if the insurance carrier has located to a new address. Please send us a copy of the front and back of your new insurance card so we can update our records.
- This office reserves the right to change its fees at any time without prior notice.
- The Physician Assistants at the Diamond Headache Clinic are expert clinicians who have advanced degrees and are board-certified. They are trained to diagnose and treat a variety of medical conditions, and prescribe medication under a physician’s supervision. We would like to advise you that calls or emails sent to the Physician Assistants or nurses for issues that normally would necessitate an office visit (such as requesting advice or medication changes) will be charged between $44 and $100 per call, depending on length of call, or email. Emergency situations cannot be e-mailed to the provider; we kindly ask that you go to the nearest emergency room. We encourage you to participate in Our Advanced Program that will cover theses type of services. Please ask our staff for information on The Advanced Program.